The curriculum of the school is broad and balanced; it provides personalized learning pathways for all students, comprising English and English Literature, Mathematics, Science (including the separate Sciences), social studies, and Computing all the way up till students reach the IGCSE level. Wider personal development is supported through the study of Religious Education; Physical Education; Personal, Health, Social, and Citizenship Education; and Career support.
PISOD standard of teaching is high with:
- Differentiation for students of differing abilities.
- Strategies reflecting students’ learning styles.
- Extensive use of interactive methods.
- Assessments for learning and target-setting based on students’ abilities.
- Relevant homework and ‘out-of-hours learning opportunities.
- Extensive use of information technology.
- Computer networking throughout the school with a high proportion of computers for students.
- The support of a well-equipped learning resource center.
- Effective Science laboratories and technology bases.
- An effective language lab.